NiSi 100x150mm Nano IR Medium Graduated Neutral Density Filter – ND16 (1.2) – 4 Stop
– Perfect to balance the exposure when buildings, mountains and other elements protrude into the skyline
– Provide 4-stop graduated light reduction
– Optical glass for high definition
– Waterproof and low reflection Nano Coating
– True in life colour
– Compatible with 100mm Filter Holder systems
What is a graduated neutral density filter (GND)?
GND filters are pieces of glass which are darkened at one end and clear at the other end. In between, there is a transition point from dark to clear which varies depending on the specific type of GND. They even out the exposure of a scene which naturally consists of a bright section (sky) and darker section (foreground). The use of GNDs assists with capturing the dynamic range of a scene using a single exposure instead of blending multiple exposures with different shutter speeds.
How strong is my GND?
The degree of light blocking for a GND uses the same terminology as described for ND filters. There is a slight difference in that the stated strength only refers to the darkest part of the filter. With most GND filters, the darkest part of the filter will be at the top end of the filter when placed in the filter holder. The nature of the transition from dark to clear is described by the type of GND.
Medium GND Filter
Medium edged GNDs are similar to soft-edged GNDs except that the transition is less gradual. These filters are very versatile and can be used in most situations shooting into and away from the light. Elements which protrude above the horizon can be darkened by this filter but usually not noticeably so.
The 100x150mm Nano IR Medium Graduated Neutral Density filter from NiSi is specially designed for landscape photographers. This filter is made from high-quality optical glass (not resin) with nano coating to prevent losing any single bit of detail.
The NiSi Medium GND Filter is a rectangular filter that helps to darken specific areas of an image, such as bright skies while allowing for a normal, unaffected exposure in the other regions of the image. The filter is densest at the edge and tapers to clear by the middle, with a medium-edged line of transition between the dense and clear areas. A neutral density filter with a medium-edged line of transition is particularly useful for images that feature buildings, mountains and other elements that protrude into the skyline.
By using neutral density filter the camera is vulnerable to infrared light which will cast the unwanted red colour to the photos when shooting at a small aperture. NiSi added the infrared protection coating layer to this filter which helps to eliminate the infrared light through the lens to bring back the natural colour.
Returns and Exchanges
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased.You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Ship your item back to Us
Firstly Print and return this Returns Form to:
30 South Park Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
Please remember to ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
For more information, view our full Returns and Exchanges information.
- Size: 150x150mm - Suitable to prolong exposures for up to 5 minutes during bright sunshine - High quality optical glass (not resin) with nano coating to prevent losing any single bit of detail. - Nano Coating on Both Sides, Water & Oil Repellent - Environmental Optical Lens glass(H-K9L) - Ultra Low Color Cast, Ultra Low Reflection - No Vignetting - High Definition