Nisi 100 x 100mm Nano IR Neutral Density filter – ND64 (1.8) – 6 Stop
– Nisi ND64 is good for smoothing out dynamic water while retaining some texture
– Provide a 6-stop light reduction
– Size: 100x100mm
– Compatible: Nisi 100mm filter holder, Standard 100mm filter holders
– Suitable for waterfall or seascape photography
– High-quality optical glass (not resin) with nano coating to prevent losing any single bit of detail
– Nano Coating on Both Sides, Water & Oil Repellent
– Environmental Optical Lens glass(H-K9L)
– Ultra-Low Color Cast, Ultra Low Reflection
– No Vignetting
– High Definition
What is the Neutral Density Filter (ND Filter)?
ND filters are darkened glass that uniformly reduces the amount of light entering the lens, which allows a photographer to lengthen the shutter speed to achieve effects that are not reproducible by post-processing alone. The duration of shutter speed prolongation depends on how dark the filter is. ND Filters are also helpful when the contrast between the highlights and shadows is too high to get a quality exposure.
ND Filters enable you to capture sharper images and photographs at larger apertures allowing you to control diffraction. For example, if the subject is a waterfall during the day and the target shutter speed is 2 seconds to smooth out the flowing water, without an ND the aperture will be small ie f/22 and this will cause a reduction in sharpness due to diffraction. With an ND Filter, it will allow you to reduce the aperture ie f/10 to get a sharper image.
Some common examples of using an ND include:
– Smoothing or softening of water
– Emphasizing water flow
– Smoothing or softening of clouds
– Emphasizing movement in an image
– Creating cloud movement
– Removing moving objects
What strength of the ND filter should I use?
ND8 | 3 Stop
A three stops ND filter is good for smoothing out dynamic water while retaining some texture. This suits the waterfall or seascape shooting. Your target shutter speed is generally between 0.3 to 2 seconds.
ND64 | 6 Stop
A 6 stops ND filter is what I would generally use during golden hour to create exposures of 1-2 minutes for smooth water or clouds. A 6 Stop is also great for capturing dynamic water while retaining some texture before the golden hour.
ND1000 | 10 Stop
A 10 stops filter is used during the day outside of golden hour as the bright ambient light requires much more ‘light blocking’. These can prolong exposures for up to 5 minutes during golden hour with the appropriate settings.
ND32000 | 15 Stop
A 15 stops filter can be used to achieve very long exposures in the middle of the day. With this filter, exposures upward of 5 minutes can be achieved even during bright sunshine.
Why NiSi 100x100mm Nano IR Neutral Density filter?
The 100x100mm Nano IR Neutral Density filter from Nisi is specially designed for landscape photographers. This filter is made from high-quality optical glass (not resin) with nano coating to prevent losing any single bit of detail. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image and the 1.8 density provides a 6 stop reduction in light from entering the lens. This filter measures 3.9 x 3.9″ / 100 x 100mm and is compatible with the NiSi 100mm filter holder or other 100mm Standard Filter Holder (Lee, Cokin or Formatt Hitech).
By using neutral density filter the camera is vulnerable to infrared light which will cast the unwanted red color to the photos when shooting at a small aperture. Nisi added the infrared protection coating layer to this filter which helps to eliminate the infrared light through the lens to bring back the nature color.
Returns and Exchanges
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased. You can return an incorrect/defective items by post within 5 working days from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Ship your item back to Us
Firstly Print and return this Returns Form to:
Lee Photo Sdn Bhd
A-2-32, Plaza Medan Putra, No.1, Jalan Medan Putra 6, Medan Putra Bueiness Centre, 52200 Kuala Lumpur.
Please remember to ensure that the item you are retuning is repackaged with all elements.
For more information, view our full Returns and Exchanges Information.
- Size: 150x150mm - Suitable to prolong exposures for up to 5 minutes during bright sunshine - High-quality optical glass (not resin) with nano coating to prevent losing any single bit of detail. - Nano Coating on Both Sides, Water & Oil Repellent - Environmental Optical Lens glass(H-K9L) - Ultra-Low Color Cast, Ultra Low Reflection - No Vignetting - High Definition
- Size: 180x180mm - Suitable for capturing dynamic water or cloud while retaining some texture before the golden hour - High quality optical glass (not resin) with nano coating to prevent losing any single bit of detail. - Nano Coating on Both Sides, Water & Oil Repellent - Environmental Optical Lens glass(H-K9L) - Ultra Low Color Cast, Ultra Low Reflection - No Vignetting - High Definition