Nisi 150x150mm Super Stopper Nano IR Neutral Density filter – ND32000 (4.5) – 15 Stop
– Nisi ND32000 (15 stops)
– Provide 15-stop light reduction
– Size: 150x150mm
– Suitable to prolong exposures for up to 5 minutes during bright sunshine
– High quality optical glass (not resin) with nano coating to prevent losing any single bit of detail.
– Nano Coating on Both Sides, Water & Oil Repellent
– Environmental Optical Lens glass(H-K9L)
– Ultra Low Color Cast, Ultra Low Reflection
– No Vignetting
– High Definition
What is Neutral Density Filter (ND Filter)?
ND filters are darkened glass that uniformly reduces the amount of light entering the lens, which allows a photographer to lengthen the shutter speed in order to achieve effects that are not reproducible by post-processing alone. The duration of shutter speed prolongation depends on how dark the filter is. ND Filters are also helpful when the contrast between the highlights and shadows is too high to get a quality exposure.
ND Filters enable you to capture sharper images and photograph at larger apertures allowing you to control diffraction. For example, if the subject is a waterfall during the day and the target shutter speed is 2 seconds to smooth out the flowing water, without an ND the aperture will be small ie f/22 and this will cause a reduction in sharpness due to diffraction. With an ND Filter, it will allow you to reduce the aperture ie f/10 to get a sharper image.
Some common examples of using an ND include:
– Smoothing or softening of water
– Emphasising water flow
– Smoothing or softening of clouds
– Emphasising movement in an image
– Creating cloud movement
– Removing moving objects
What strength of ND filter should i use?
ND8 | 3 Stop
A three stops ND filter is good for smoothing out dynamic water while retaining some texture. This suits waterfall or seascape shooting. Your target shutter speed is generally between 0.3 to 2 seconds.
ND64 | 6 Stop
A 6 stops ND filter is what I would generally use during golden hour in order to create exposures of 1-2 minutes for smooth water or clouds. A 6 Stop is also great for capturing dynamic water while retaining some texture before the golden hour.
ND1000 | 10 Stop
A 10 stops filter is used during the day outside of golden hour as the bright ambient light requires much more ‘light blocking’. These can prolong exposures for up to 5 minutes during golden hour with the appropriate settings.
ND32000 | 15 Stop
A 15 stops filter can be used to achieve very long exposures in the middle of the day. With this filter, exposures upward of 5 minutes can be achieved even during bright sunshine.
Returns and Exchanges
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased. You can return an incorrect/defective items by post within 5 working days from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Ship your item back to Us
Firstly Print and return this Returns Form to:
Lee Photo Sdn Bhd
A-2-32, Plaza Medan Putra, No.1, Jalan Medan Putra 6, Medan Putra Bueiness Centre, 52200 Kuala Lumpur.
Please remember to ensure that the item you are retuning is repackaged with all elements.
For more information, view our full Returns and Exchanges Information.
- Size: 150x150mm - Suitable for capturing dynamic water or cloud while retaining some texture before the golden hour - High quality optical glass (not resin) with nano coating to prevent losing any single bit of detail. - Nano Coating on Both Sides, Water & Oil Repellent - Environmental Optical Lens glass(H-K9L) - Ultra Low Color Cast, Ultra Low Reflection - No Vignetting - High Definition
- Size: 180x180mm - Suitable for capturing dynamic water or cloud while retaining some texture before the golden hour - High quality optical glass (not resin) with nano coating to prevent losing any single bit of detail. - Nano Coating on Both Sides, Water & Oil Repellent - Environmental Optical Lens glass(H-K9L) - Ultra Low Color Cast, Ultra Low Reflection - No Vignetting - High Definition