Nisi 150 x 170mm Reverse Nano IR Filter – GND8 (0.9) – 3 Stop
– Nisi Reverse Grad is darker in the middle and fades towards the top
– Provide 3-stop graduated light reduction
– Size: 150x170mm
– Suitable for Sunset & Sunrise photography
– High-quality optical glass (not resin) with nano coating to prevent losing any single bit of detail.
– Nano Coating on Both Sides, Water & Oil Repellent
– Environmental Optical Lens glass(H-K9L)
– Ultra-Low Color Cast, Ultra Low Reflection
– No Vignetting
– High Definition
1 in stock (can be backordered)
Why Reverse GND Filter?
Nisi, reverse ND filter is designed with dark area on the center of the filter and gradually clearer to the top while the bottom part is clear preventing overexposure of skyline. This allows scenes with bright horizons such as sunsets to be brought back to within correct exposure levels and improves the contrast of the ground area that would otherwise be over or underexposed. The graduation is slightly feathered to avoid a hard line.
Soft vs Hard vs Reverse GND Filter
Cameras cannot expose the details of extremely low light and dark scenes at the same time. To avoid the loss of any detail (in the lights or the darks), photographers use GND Filters to reduce the exposure of the bright parts, which can balance the bright and dark parts of a scene.
Soft GND Filter
Usually defined by no obvious transition between the bright and dark area of the scene. Soft GNDs are therefore used where the transition between light and dark areas is not so clear. An example is a shot in a mountainous area, or trees, etc.
Reverse GND Filter
Reverse GNDs are Hard GND filters with the darkest fading away from the further you move from the line of separation to the upper border of the filter. They are perfect for managing sunrises and sunsets, where the light is more intense on the horizon line. If you love shooting sunrise and sunset this filter is a must-have.
Hard GND Filter
Usually defined by an obvious boundary between the bright and dark area of the scene. They are therefore used when the separation between the bright and the dark areas of the scene is very defined, such as the horizon line or the boundary between sea level and the sky.
Why Choose NiSi GND Filters?
i) High Definition
NiSi filters are made from fine annealed optical glass H-K9L. Optical grinding and polishing on both sides ensure the high definition of the glass. Other filter brands use resin which can deform in high and low temperatures which will affect the clarity.
ii) Ultra-low color cast
NiSi has developed a gradual nano-coating which allows ultraviolet to near inferred light to pass through the glass evenly. When this type of light passes through the glass evenly it has no color cast.
NiSi filters have a double-sided anti-reflective coating reducing any reflection that may appear when using the filters. NiSi filters also have a waterproof, oil repellant and hardened coating making the filters easier to clean.
Returns and Exchanges
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased. You can return an incorrect/defective items by post within 5 working days from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Ship your item back to Us
Firstly Print and return this Returns Form to:
Lee Photo Sdn Bhd
A-2-32, Plaza Medan Putra, No.1, Jalan Medan Putra 6, Medan Putra Bueiness Centre, 52200 Kuala Lumpur.
Please remember to ensure that the item you are retuning is repackaged with all elements.
For more information, view our full Returns and Exchanges Information.
- Size: 150x150mm - Suitable to prolong exposures for up to 5 minutes during golden hour - High-quality optical glass (not resin) with nano coating to prevent losing any single bit of detail. - Nano Coating on Both Sides, Water & Oil Repellent - Environmental Optical Lens glass(H-K9L) - Ultra-Low Color Cast, Ultra Low Reflection - No Vignetting - High Definition