- You cannot add "NiSi 100 x 150mm Nano IR Hard GND Filter – GND4 (0.6) – 2 Stop" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Nisi 100 x 150mm Nano IR Soft GND Filter – GND4 (0.6) – 2 Stop
– Ultra Low Color Cast, Ultra Low Reflection
– Provide 2-stop graduated light reduction
– No Vignetting
– High Definition
– Nano Coating on Both Sides, Water & Oil Repellent
– Environmental Optical Lens glass(H-K9L)
What is a graduated neutral density filter (GND)?
GND filters are pieces of glass which are darkened at one end and clear at the other end. In between, there is a transition point from dark to clear which varies depending on the specific type of GND. They even out the exposure of a scene which naturally consists of a bright section (sky) and darker section (foreground). The use of GNDs assists with capturing the dynamic range of a scene using a single exposure instead of blending multiple exposures with different shutter speeds.
How strong is my GND?
The degree of light blocking for a GND uses the same terminology as described for ND filters. There is a slight difference in that the stated strength only refers to the darkest part of the filter. With most GND filters, the darkest part of the filter will be at the top end of the filter when placed in the filter holder. The nature of the transition from dark to clear is described by the type of GND.
Soft GND Filter
Soft-edged GNDs have a very gradual transition from dark to clear. This type of filter is most appropriate for scenes which have a gradual or interrupted transition from foreground to the sky. The best examples of scenarios where a soft GND would be used include alpine scenery with mountains crossing the horizon line, dramatic rock formations (sea stacks) in a seascape. Generally, these filters are best used when shooting away from the direct light source.
The 100x150mm Nano IR Soft Graduated Neutral Density filter from Nisi is specially designed for landscape photographers. This filter is made from high quality optical glass (not resin) with nano coating to prevent losing any single bit of detail. The filter is designed with dark area on the top and gradually to clear at the bottom preventing over exposure of skies. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image and the 0.6 density provides a 2 stop reduction in light from entering the lens. This filter measures 3.9 x 5.9″ / 100 x 150mm and is compatible with the Nisi 100mm filter holder or other 100mm Standard Filter Holder (Lee, Cokin or Formatt Hitech). The filter can be repositioned in the holder allowing recompose the photo for the best result.
By using neutral density filter the camera is vulnerable to infrared light which will cast the unwanted red color to the photos when shooting at small aperture. Nisi added the infrared protection coating layer to this filter which help to eliminate the infrared light through the lens to bring back the nature color.
Returns and Exchanges
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased. You can return an incorrect/defective items by post within 5 working days from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Ship your item back to Us
Firstly Print and return this Returns Form to:
Lee Photo Sdn Bhd
A-2-32, Plaza Medan Putra, No.1, Jalan Medan Putra 6, Medan Putra Bueiness Centre, 52200 Kuala Lumpur.
Please remember to ensure that the item you are retuning is repackaged with all elements.
For more information, view our full Returns and Exchanges Information.
- Size: 150x150mm - Suitable to prolong exposures for up to 5 minutes during golden hour - High quality optical glass (not resin) with nano coating to prevent losing any single bit of detail. - Nano Coating on Both Sides, Water & Oil Repellent - Environmental Optical Lens glass(H-K9L) - Ultra Low Color Cast, Ultra Low Reflection - No Vignetting - High Definition